Love for the sound of the Saxophone and working with my customers is my passion ...
Available now , A few new models ...
With smaller tip openings ...
These are very traditonal , like a number 6 ...
75 Alto ... 95 Tenor ... 100 Baritone ...
Also .. current backlog is about 1 week
Thoughts from a customer about the new Alto 75 model ...
These alto mouthpieces are marvelous ...
FRICKEN MARVELOUS!!! (excuse my language)I have never played on anything like this in my life.
My Selmer alto has now come to life with your mouthpieces
Some more recent emails ...
I've been playing the new mouthpiece for about a week now and WOW...I just love it. This mouthpiece speaks wonderfully in all registers and is super responsive. You truly are the artisan that everybody says you are. Thanks again...
"it's so much fun to play this piece, and I have to say it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard come out of my horn in the 50 years I've owned it"
"I can't thank you enough for the new mouthpiece. I love it, the sound is beautiful, intonation is right on. It's easy blowing and has great projection. You made my day!!. "
"Holy crap Ron, this piece is great!"
"I'm sure this is the best birthday gift that I could buy myself or get from
someone else. Ever!!! "
"I have thought of a thousand things to say about this piece of work
but the words just can't say enough of how great it is."
"Keep up the good work I believe one day every sax player will know your
Each mouthpiece is played and fine tuned by master mouthpiece maker Ron Coelho ... It does not leave my shop until I think it is perfect !
PRICES... Order from the model page's ...
All rollover baffle models are $275 ...
All High baffle models are $325 ...
ALWAYS a 10 day trial period with money back Guarantee !
Sound is not the easiest thing to describe, my priorities for saxophone sound in order of importance are as follows:
- BEAUTIFUL :: The saxophone is one of the most beautiful instruments there is, the sound should be big and rich and beautiful.
- DYNAMIC RANGE :: It should be easy to play up and down the horn, soft to loud.
- EDGE :: Everyone has different tastes and perceptions, but some edge on top of the sound is desirable. Each mouthpiece is extensively play tested and the facing curve adjusted until it meets exacting musical standards!
Each mouthpiece must pass the following tests!
- The mouthpiece must respond with the slightest amount of air and support from the embouchure.
- It must play evenly from top to bottom, meaning, adjacent notes must center in the same way.
- At medium volumes it must have a round and pleasing sound.
- Most importantly for a Jazz mouthpiece, at more extreme volume levels the sound has to hold together and develop some real power!
or call anytime
PHONE NUMBER: 360-887-3807
Call anytime 9 to 5 (west coast time) so I can better understand how to help you on your journey to a great sound!
Thanks to Steve Anchell for photo
Copyright 2017 RPC Mouthpieces, All Rights Reserved.